4th Annual New Haven Chalk Art Festival
Saturday, October 19, 2019, 12 – 4 p.m.
(Rain date: Sunday, October 20)
View elaborate chalk art designs by talented artists.
Artists will compete for Gift Cards to The Shops at Yale and bragging rights;
$1,000 to Hulls Art Supply & Framing Gift Card
$500 to a L.L.Bean
$250 to Patagonia
First place in each People’s Choice Awards category will receive a $100 gift card to J.Crew or Patagonia, second place in each category will receive a $50 gift card to a restaurant at The Shops at Yale, and third place will receive a $25 gift card to Ashley’s Ice Cream.
Enjoy a day of art and entertainment in celebration of the local community in the heart of downtown New Haven and Yale University. The Shops at Yale invites all professional and amateur artists, students, and artist groups to participate in the 4th Annual New Haven Chalk Art Festival. The Shops at Yale will provide exclusive offers to retailers and restaurants, raffles, giveaways and more! This event is FREE and open to the public.
View Chalk Art
Broadway Island, 56 Broadway across from Apple, L.L.Bean, J.Crew & Urban Outfitters, and in front of the Yale University Art Gallery, 1111 Chapel Street, only one block away!
The New Haven Chalk Art Festival will provide a fun-filled day with entertainment and activities for the whole family! The entertainment will feature:
• A Magician
• Face Painting
• Choupette Crêperie on Broadway Island specials and more!
• Kids Freestyle Zone with free chalk for the first 150 participants
The entertainment will also feature Live Music from local musicians (from 12:00pm – 4:00pm):
- Broadway Island (56 Broadway)
- Outside Yale University Art Gallery (1111 Chapel Street)
- Location A (Artists Check-In and Artists): 56 Broadway (across from Apple, L.L.Bean, J.Crew & Urban Outfitters)
- Location B (Artists): 1111 Chapel Street (in front of the Yale University Art Gallery)
- Location C (Kids Freestyle Zone): will be held in the courtyard behind Apple and Sherkann Indian Street Food (65 Broadway) and will provide a FREE box of chalk for the first 150 participants
- -Check-in is from 11:30am to noon *pre-registration is required
- -Artists will be given a 4’X4′ square on either brick or granite pavers
- -Artwork must be completed by 3:30pm to allow for judging
- -ONLY washable “Sidewalk Chalk” sticks are permitted. No sprays or pastels of any kind.
- –The Grand Prize winner, as well as 2nd and 3rd place, will be chosen by a local, professional artist from Paier Art School
- Prizes will be awarded in each age division by People’s Choice:
- • Teen (ages 13 – 17)
- • Adult (ages 18+)
- • Adult Group (18+ *minimum of two artists)
The Shops at Yale will offer FREE parking at the 150 York Street Garage for both participants and spectators. Bring your ticket to The Shops at Yale tent on Broadway Island for a validation stamp.
Photos from the 2018 New Haven Chalk Art Festival