3rd Annual New Haven Chalk Art Festival
Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12 – 4 p.m.
(Rain date: Sunday, October 21)
View elaborate chalk art designs by talented artists, including a special piece by local chalk artist Andrea Casey.
Artists will compete for Gift Cards to The Shops at Yale and bragging rights;
$1,000 to Hulls Art Supply & Framing Gift Card
$500 to L.L.Bean
$250 to Patagonia New Haven
$100 to J.Crew (with Madewell)
Enjoy a day of art and entertainment in celebration of the local community in the heart of downtown New Haven and Yale University. The Shops at Yale invites all professional and amateur artists, students, and artist groups to participate in the 3rd Annual New Haven Chalk Art Festival. The Shops at Yale will provide exclusive offers to retailers and restaurants, raffles, giveaways and more! This event is FREE and open to the public.
View Chalk Art
Broadway Island, 56 Broadway across from Apple, J.Crew & Urban Outfitters, and in front of the Yale University Art Gallery, 1111 Chapel Street, only one block away!
The New Haven Chalk Art Festival will provide a fun-filled day with entertainment and activities for the whole family! The entertainment will feature:
• A Magician
• Face Painting
• Choupette Crêperie on Broadway Island Specials and More!
• Kids Freestyle Zone with free chalk for the first 100 participants
The entertainment will also feature Live Music (from 12:30pm – 3:30pm) from:
- The Neighborhood Music School Premier Jazz Ensemble | Broadway Island (56 Broadway)
- A violin soloist from Yale School of Music | outside Yale University Art Gallery (1111 Chapel Street)
- Location A (Artists Check-In and Artists): 56 Broadway (across from Apple, J.Crew & Urban Outfitters)
- Location B (Artists): 1111 Chapel Street (in front of the Yale University Art Gallery)
- Location C (Kids Freestyle Zone): will be held in the Apple Courtyard (65 Broadway) and will provide a FREE box of chalk for the first 50 participants
- -Check-in is from 11:30am to noon *pre-registration is required
- -Artists will be given a 4’X4′ square on either brick or granite pavers
- -Artwork must be completed by 3:30pm to allow for judging
- -ONLY washable “Sidewalk Chalk” sticks are permitted. No sprays or pastels of any kind.
- –The Grand Prize winner, as well as 2nd and 3rd place, will be chosen by a local, professional artist from Paier Art School
- Prizes will be awarded in each age division by People’s Choice & Local Judges:
- • Teen (ages 13 – 17)
- • Adult (ages 18+)
- • Adult Group (18+ *minimum of two artists)
The Shops at Yale will offer FREE parking at the 150 York Street Garage for both participants and spectators. Bring your ticket to The Shops at Yale tent on Broadway Island for a validation stamp.
Please register by Friday, October 19, 2018 (*Space is limited). Click here to register. If the form is closed and you would like to participate, please call Stephanie McDonald, 203-982-0676, firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the 2017 New Haven Chalk Art Festival