New Haven, CT 06511
New Haven Chalk Art Festival, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 12 – 4 p.m. (Rain date: Sunday, October 22)
View elaborate chalk art designs by talented artists, including a special piece by local chalk artist Andrea Casey. Artists will compete for a $1,000 Hulls Art Supply & Framing Gift Card.
To secure a space (space is limited) and to be eligible for the Grand Prize, participants must submit a registration form by end of day Wednesday, October 18, 2017. Please call Stephanie McDonald with any questions 203-982-0676.
Enjoy a day of art and entertainment in celebration of the local community in the heart of downtown New Haven and Yale University. The Shops at Yale invites all professional and amateur artists, students, and artist groups to participate in the 2nd Annual New Haven Chalk Art Festival. The Shops at Yale will provide exclusive offers to retailers and restaurants, raffles, giveaways and more! This event will be FREE and open to the public.
New This Year
Because this event was so popular last year, we have expanded to include a second location in front of the Yale University Art Gallery (only one block away) to accommodate even more artists
The New Haven Chalk Art Festival will provide a fun-filled day with entertainment and activities for the whole family! The entertainment will feature:
• A Magician
• Face Painting
• Choupette Crêperie & Cafè and More!
The entertainment will also feature Live Music (from 12:30pm – 3:30pm) from:
- The Neighborhood Music School Premier Jazz Ensemble | Broadway Island (56 Broadway)
- A violin soloist from Yale School of Music | outside Yale University Art Gallery (1111 Chapel Street)
- Location A (Artists Check-In and Artists): 56 Broadway (across from Apple, J.Crew & Urban Outfitters)
- Location B (Artists): 1111 Chapel Street (in front of the Yale University Art Gallery)
- Location C (Kids Freestyle Zone): will be held in the Thali Too Courtyard (65 Broadway) and will provide a FREE box of chalk for the first 50 participants
- Check-in is from 11:30am to noon *pre-registration is required
- Artists will be given a 4’X4′ square on either black asphalt or granite pavers
- ONLY water-soluble chalk is permitted
- All artwork will be judged by local chalk artist, Andrea Casey, for the Grand Prize of a $1000 gift card to Hull’s Art Supply & Framing
- Prizes will be awarded in each age division by People’s Choice:
- Teen (ages 13 – 17)
- Adult (ages 18+)
- Adult Group (18+ *minimum of two artists)
The Shops at Yale will offer FREE parking at the 150 York Street Garage for both participants and spectators. Bring your ticket to The Shops at Yale tent on Broadway Island for a validation stamp.
Please register by Wednesday, October 18, 2017 (*Space is limited). Click here to register.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie McDonald at email@example.com or at (203) 982-0676.